(Recipe from the July 2007, Better Homes and Gardens magazine)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
- 4-5 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 #'s)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teas. ground black pepper
- Sour cream - optional
- Trim and coarsely shred zucchini (about 5 cups). In bowl, toss zucchini with salt. Place in colander to drain. Place plate on top;weight down with cans of food. Drain 15 minutes;discard liquid.
- In bowl, beat eggs and garlic. Stir in flour, cheese,onion and pepper just until moistened (batter will be lumpy). Stir in zucchini just until combined.
- For each pancake, spoon 1-2 heaping tablespoons of batter on hot lightly oiled griddle or skillet, spread to 3 inch circle. Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with sour cream if desired or cool, layer in freezer container with waxed paper in-between, and freeze up to 3 months.
- To re-heat, preheat oven to 425'F. Place frozen pancakes in single layer on greased baking sheet. bake uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until hot and slightly crisp.