Saturday, January 28, 2012

Be Still and Listen.

While on a hike last September in Tennessee, I took a small break to just sit, watch and listen.  It is amazing what you miss while hiking, when you don't take the time to be still and just listen to the surrounding nature.  My camera was ready and my ears were in tune to all the movements of the creatures around me.  The midday sun was out, and only a slight breeze blew through the trees that carried the strong scent of their native Jasmine.  It wasn't long until this amazing little bird landed just a few feet away from me.  He posed just long enough for me to get a shot of him.  


I saw deer, turtles and a red cardinal which I chased for about a half mile on my hike just trying to get close for a good picture.  He out smarted me and I since I could not remember what poison oak looked like to ensure a safe hike off the beaten path, I never got my picture.  Turtles on the other hand are very slow, so capturing their picture was easy!  I thought it very funny as there were just as many turtles heading north on the log as there were heading south...at the same time mind you!  I could not stay long enough to find out what happened when they met in the middle. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment